Try our Low Carb Coconut Lime Bars!
– 1 cup Organic coconut Flour
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 1/2 cup Coconut Butter Melted
– 3 tablespoons Sugar Free Maple Syrup (or Honey)
– 2 scoop Petite Protein Vegan Vanilla Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
– 3 cans of full fat Coconut Cream (Chilled Overnight)
– Juice from 2 limes ( zested & then squeezed)
– 1/3 cup Organic Honey (or Sugar Free maple Syrup)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a square baking tray (or rectangular; whatever you have) with baking paper hanging over the sides.
2. Make crust : combine all ingredients together and smooth out an even layer of it into the bottom of the lined tray.
3. Make filling : open refrigerated cans of coconut cream and using a spoon , scoop out the thick coconut cream on top into a bowl. DO NOT use the liquid remaining at the bottom (set this aside and use another time for a smoothie, ect.)
4. Using a mixer beat the coconut cream until it’s nice and fluffy and resembles whipped cream (about 4-5 mins).
5. Add the lime juice and the honey (or maple syrup) and mix with hand mixer for a further minute until it’s all combined.
6. Pour filling over the crust & smooth it out using as spatula. Sprinkle zest over the top and place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
7. Once set, remove the solid slab from the tray and cut into squares! Let thaw for 10 mins and enjoy! (Makes 10 bars)
Note: bars will melt if left out! Once cut place them in a container and keep them in the freezer to enjoy for next time 😊
*** For a Keto option ; substitute honey/maple syrup for another sweet alternative such as agarve or stevia.
Serving Size : 1 bar (5x5cm)
Recipe courtesy of Petite Protein
Image: FD Media